Things to say when you got a interview
Vice Presidents and personnel directors of the one hundred largest
corporations were asked to describe their most unusual experience
interviewing prospective employees.
- A job applicant challenged the interviewer to an arm wrestle.
- Interviewee wore a Walkman, explaining that she could listen to
the interviewer and the music at the same time.
- Candidate fell and broke arm during interview.
- Candidate announced she hadn't had lunch and proceeded to eat a
hamburger and french fries in the interviewers office.
- Candidate explained that her long-term goal was to replace the
- Candidate said he never finished high school because he was
kidnapped and kept in a closet in Mexico.
- Balding Candidate excused himself and returned to the office a few
minutes later wearing a headpiece.
- Applicant said if he was hired he would demonstrate his loyalty
by having the corporate logo tattooed on his forearm.
- Applicant interrupted interview to phone her therapist for advice
on how to answer specific interview questions.
- Candidate brought large dog to interview.
- Applicant refused to sit down and insisted on being interviewed
- Candidate dozed off during interview.
Thing to do when you got a interview
The employers were also asked to list the "most unusual" questions
that have been asked by job candidates.
- "What is it that you people do at this company?"
- "What is the company motto?"
- "Why aren't you in a more interesting business?"
- "What are the zodiac signs of all the board members?"
- "Why do you want references?"
- "Do I have to dress for the next interview?"
- "I know this is off the subject, but will you marry me?"
- "Will the company move my rock collection from California to Maryland?"
- "Will the company pay to relocate my horse?"
- "Does your health insurance cover pets?"
- "Would it be a problem if I'm angry most of the time?"
- "Does your company have a policy regarding concealed weapons?"
- "Do you think the company would be willing to lower my pay?"
- "Why am I here?"